The 6th Edition of Emergency Management for Maritime Summit was held online from the 21st to 24th November 2022. The summit aimed to convey best techniques and practices for emergency management, preparation, and response for maritime industry. The topics of the forum include lessons learned from disasters or maritime emergencies. Additionally topics include strategies for efficient and effective emergency management and right planning.
Fuethermore, The 4-day emergency management for maritime summit aimed to build a better maritime community, it also allowed the participants to network and re-connect leaders in the industry, port authorities, coast guards, ports/ port, civil defense forces/ units, ministries and disaster & emergencies task forces/ agencies operators. It also provided an insight of on planning and carrying out emergency operations. Overall it was a great learning experience.
The events at the forum include guest speakers, experts at the field giving speeches. The speakers include emergency respondents, security management officials and business operations. 4 workshops were held at the forum.
- Key factors for successful contingency planning, crisis communication and information conveying strategies,
- Techniques to tackle human errors resulting in maritime accidents,
- developing strategic maritime emergency evacuation framework,
- Approaches to expedite crisis response operations,
Presentations topics include,
- Planning & executing of large Scale emergency scenario exercises,
- core elements in developing effective emergency management framework
- Integrating Smart Technologies to Enhance Emergency Resilience
- Road maps to expanding maritime community emergency response capabilities
In addition, current issues panel discussion topics include strategies In managing the industry’s susceptibility to crisis and dynamic change, improving emergency resilience & preparedness and methodologies to foster a culture of continuous Improvement.
Furthermore information on in depth case studies were also provided. These include oil or chemical spill pollution. Vessel collisions/ sinking, SAR Missions, fire outbreaks, shipboard accidents. Additionally cargo and crane mishaps and HAZMAT exposure/ explosions related cases.