Onboard every seagoing vessel, derusting, and painting are routine maintenance tasks. For this job, we use a variety of pneumatic and electric tools. Onboard, the use of Air Hammer for derusting is extensive. That being said, I’ll jot down some important details about the Air Hammer I used for derusting.
Make: TOKU TOOLS
- Shield your eyes. When using air hammers, always use eye protection.
- Keep a close eye on the direction of tool exhaust and work debris to avoid injuring yourself or people around.
- Always use retainers to keep accessories tight and prevent them from discharging.
- When not in use, always unplug this tool from the air supply.
- Keep cutting tools and chisels in good condition and sharpened
- Before beginning work, firmly press the accessory on the workpiece to prevent inadvertent discharge. Accidental discharge of an accessory can result in human injury as well as damage to the accessory.
Lubrication of Air Hammer for derusting
To flush out gum and dirt:
1. daily before after each shift, pour a liberal quantity of gum solvent oil into air line.
2. connect into air line. Operate tool.
3. hold chisel against a firm support. Operate tool. Repeat procedure before storing.
Minimum requirements on Air supply
1. Compressor/2hp, 8 CFM at 100 psig (7.0 bar), 60 gal air tank.
2. See diagram for pipe, hose and fitting size.
3. When using two or more hoses, all except leader hose should be ½” I.D. or larger.
For best operation, supply tool with 90 psig of clean dry air. Air filters and line lubricators air recommended.
Possible causes on Loss of power or erratic action
1. reduced compressor output
2. excessive drain on airline
3. moisture or restricted pipe, hose, or fittings
4. improper size or poor condition of pipe, hose, or fittings
5. dirt or gum deposits cut tool power. To correct this, check and clean the air strainer, then repeat the lubrication procedure. (If outside conditions are in order, disassemble tool, replace worn or damaged parts, clean, assemble and lubricate).
Replacement parts of Air hammer for derusting
Always use genuine Toku Tools replacement parts. Replacement parts or services may be obtained from your distributor. When replacement parts are required, order by part no and description in the parts list.