Dated: 27th November 2021
1. Owners, agents, and masters of vessels arriving in the Ports of Maldives are reminded of their responsibility to implement and comply with IMO Circular MSC.1/Circ.1636/Rev.1 dated 22nd April 2021.
2. Vessels arriving or transiting 14 days prior to the effective date, from the following ports of SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, ZIMBABWE, NAMIBIA, ESWATINI, MOZAMBIQUE, and vessel with crew onboard who has transited via LESOTHO will not be granted access, ports of the Maldives until further notice.
3. Vessels arriving prior to the effective, Owners, agents, and masters of vessels must ensure that all operations (e.g., cargo operations, bunkering, ship’s supplies, and stores, and other marine services) are carried out Contactless Operations for the vessels arriving from ports of SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, ZIMBABWE, NAMIBIA, ESWATINI, MOZAMBIQUE and vessel with crew onboard who has transited via LESOTHO.
4. Contactless Operations: In a contactless operation, no person is to board the visiting vessel except pilots, authorized government officers, and persons approved by the Health Protection Agency (HPA).
5. This circular will enter into force with immediate effect.
COVID19 Variant Omicron