Major fire on a bulk carrier in Gothenburg, Sweden. On the 4th of December, the bulk carrier ALMIRANTE STORNI is in the midst of a huge fire, which is believed to have begun around midday on December 4 in the Gothenburg harbor in Sweden. The ALMIRANTE STORNI arrived at the anchorage at 1000 UTC on December 4 from Vallvik, Sweden, in the Gulf of Bothnia.
1700 UTC: Firefighters have been battling for many hours now, with the little evident result. According to reports, 17 crew members are still on board, supporting firemen.
UPDATE: December 5, 2:40 p.m. UTC
- Bunkering prices, Week 01, 2022
- A tanker sunk after being hit by a Mega Yacht
- Transport Ministers from the Maldives and Malaysia met
- Navios Amaryllis was granted permission to sail
- Crew changes are prohibited at Israeli ports
Firefighters and personnel have been fighting fire all night, and it is still not under control, but it is thought to be confined. A strong wind blowing up flames impeded firefighting to such a degree that the deployed tugs attempted to keep the ship in the best fighting posture possible. A fire has broken out in the fore cargo hold or holds.