This is proper operating instruction for depth steel tapes, or how a seaman uses the sounding tape onboard a ship daily to get the tank soundings.
- This product is only suitable for measuring the liquid depth of neutral room temperature properties, such as water, various oils, etc. Special customized products are required for measuring the depths of acids, alkalis, alcohols, benzene and high temperature liquids.
- The BOB connection should be checked and confirmed to be firm and reliable before. hand-held rocker to make the blade and BOB fall freely perpendicular to the liquid at a uniform speed. After the BOB falls to the bottom of the liquid, the accuracy of measurement can be guaranteed only the blade is raised to a straight line state.
- At the end of use, wipe the blade and bob clean, then tighten the tape, and store it in a ventilated and dry place.
- The accuracy of tape is in accordance with the following formula:
D – Permissible indication error
L – Integer meters.
The environment of verification is a temperature of 20°C. The standard tension of the 50N BOB bottom is at zero position.
Warnings on using sounding tape onboard
- It is forbidden to add other heavy objects to the hook of BOB.
- It is forbidden to measure acidic liquids.
- It is forbidden to measure alcoholic liquids.
- It is forbidden to measure benzene liquids.
- It is forbidden to measure high temperature liquids (more than 80 °C).
- It is forbidden to measure charged liquids.